When it comes to helmets, the past has been plagues by an unspoken rule. Light weight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there's your helmet. As you can probably tell by now, though, we don't play by these rules. Instead, we turn standards on their head and create products that nobody had ever dreamed of. And one of these many products is our S-Works Evade helmet—the fastest road helmet out there. Beginning with the aerodynamic development, we basically lived in our Win Tunnel to create this Evade. Having our own wind tunnel allows us to develop our products with aero at the forefront of the design, rather than merely testing them there. With this, we carefully analyzed every aspect of helmet performance in the Win Tunnel, and in real world testing, to ensure that we left no stone unturned in the quest for performance. This makes for a helmet that has countless testing hours, years of development, and ultimately the fastest road helmet we’ve ever tested. We not only took grams out of the drag, but also from the overall weight of the helmet—the S-Works Evade is actually 26 grams lighter than the first-generation Evade. Of course, we didn't sacrifice anything for safety. In fact, we switched the construction to favor our Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS that optimizes the foam type in different places. As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler, but also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. The exterior vents and interior channels, meanwhile, have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like our Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, our soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes.
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we've tested.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
This product was added to our catalog on August 22, 2019