Well-designed, well-crafted, and easy to use, the Rocky Mounts TieRod Roof Rack will make transporting your road bike or mountain bike a simple endeavor. The rack includes all the hardware necessary to attach to elliptical, factory-installed crossbars (Subaru, Toyota, etc.) and is constructed of aluminum for light weight and durability. The fork mount requires a quick release front wheel, is disc brake compatible, and the tray can handle tires up to 2.7" in width.
Note, the TieRod Roof Rack is locking-enabled, but the lock cores are not included and must be purchased separately. The rack requires two lock cores so the Rocky Mounts Lock Cores - 2 Pack (Nashbar item # RM-LC2) is just what you need for locking capability to lock both the rack to the vehicle and the bike to the rack.
- Designed to fit elliptical, factory-installed crossbars (Subaru, Toyota, etc.)
- Bike secures to rack via fork mount and rear wheel strap
- Fork mount designed for bikes with quick release front wheel
- Rack is disc brake compatible
- Tray compatible with tires up to 2.7" wide
- Lock rack to car and bike to rack with Rocky Mounts lock cores (Sold separately. Order Rocky Mounts Locking Cores - 2 Pack, Nashbar item # RM-LC2, for the pair of lock cores the rack requires)
- Simple, long-throw quick release enables easy bike loading and unloading
- Low profile and streamlined aluminum head and tray are sleek and durable
- Required crossbar spread: minimum 16" -- maximum 40"
- Bicycle weight limit: 35 lbs.
- Not for use with forks with carbon fiber dropouts and forks without safety tabs
- Racks sold individually
This product was added to our catalog on April 25, 2018